Angela has a broad commercial practice with a particular interest in planning and environment, energy and resources, building and construction, and native title. She is also a nationally accredited mediator.
She was admitted as a solicitor in 2007, and was an in-house corporate lawyer for an ASX 100 energy company advising on regulatory approval, land access, environment, property and a range of commercial matters.
Since being called to the bar in 2017, Angela has appeared led by senior counsel, in the trial and appellate divisions of the Supreme Court of Queensland. In addition, Angela is regularly briefed to appear and advise in respect of proceedings in the Planning and Environment Court, Land Court, District and Magistrates Court.
Significant matters as a solicitor, include:
- provision of advice and overseeing defence in the Planning and Environment Court in relation to alleged breaches of the Environmental Protection Act
- provision of advice and overseeing action in the Queensland Supreme Court for injunctive relief
- provision of advice in relation to the processes for the compulsory acquisition of land under the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004, Mineral and Energy Resources (Common Provisions) Act 2014 and the State Development & Public Works Organisation Act 1974
- provision of regulatory approval, property and environmental advice to resource and mining companies
- provision of advice in relation to Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004 and Mineral and Energy Resources (Common Provisions) compensation actions in the Queensland Land Court
- drafting and negotiation of conduct and compensation agreements under the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004 \ for upstream gas fields, gas transmission pipelines and ancillary gas infrastructure
- provision of advice and negotiations of overlapping tenure and crossing arrangements to cross rail, powerlines, pipelines (including gas and water) and roads
- various disputes arising out of the performance of construction and engineering contracts, including defect rectification; and
- general commercial disputes, such as between developers, bodies corporate, and government entities.
2017 Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
Bar Association of Queensland
2007 Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) from the Queensland University of Technology