As part of Australian Arbitration Week 2019 (Brisbane 18-22 November) Young ITA, co-sponsored by Corrs Chambers Westgarth and Debevoise & Plimpton, will provide an evening discussion on obtaining emergency and interim measures in commercial and investor-State arbitrations. The discussion will be followed by an opportunity to network over drinks and canapes.
Angus O’Brien will join the group looking at questions including, inter alia,:
- How does emergency relief differ from expedited and interim relief?
- When are emergency or interim measures available in investment treaty arbitrations?
- What do arbitrators look for when determining applications?
- What are the common pitfalls?
- When would court relief be more advantageous?
The evening is aimed at more junior practitioners but all are welcome to attend.
Date & time: Thursday 21 November, 5 pm for 5.30 pm start
Venue: Corrs Chambers Westgarth, 42/111 Eagle Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000
Further details about the panel, the discussion and registration are available here.