The barristers of Level Twenty Seven Chambers have broad and deep experience in insolvency and bankruptcy matters. Members are regularly retained to advise and act on behalf of financiers, external administrators and company directors in:
- winding up proceedings;
- claims by administrators or liquidators;
- court applications for directions for administrators and liquidators in complex insolvencies;
- challenges to adjudications on proofs of debt;
- proceedings brought by or against receivers;
- restructuring matters;
- windings up of managed investment schemes.
The collective expertise of Level Twenty Seven Chambers in this area is reflected in the listing of six members of Chambers as leading Queensland insolvency barristers and four members as leading Australian insolvency barristers in Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession (2016).
Paul McQuade QC is co-author of McDonald Henry & Meek Bankruptcy Law & Practice and Bankruptcy, the leading text in Australia on Bankruptcy Law published by Thomson Reuters.