The Queensland Bar Association will host a seminar/webinar on Tuesday 23 May 2023 identifying opportunities for members to participate in pro bono work in civil, administrative and coronial matters appropriate to members’ seniority, interests and available time.
The panel will include:
- Developments in relation to the Self-Represented Litigants List and future processes to refer matters on that list for pro bono assistance
The Honourable Justice Paul Freeburn
- Launch of a new Bar Association referral scheme and to address the responsibilities and best practices which apply to accepting pro bono referrals
Matthew Jones (Level Twenty Seven Chambers)
- Cybele Koning (CEO), Klaire Coles (Director of Coronial and Custodial Justice Practice) and Nicky Mitchell (Senior Lawyer – Elder Law Practice) from the Caxton Legal Centre Inc
- Ben Tuckett (Principal Solicitor and Managing Lawyer) and Rose Mackay (Senior Lawyer) from LawRight Inc
- Professor Tamara Walsh, Director of the UQ Pro Bono Centre
Event details and registration are provided on the Queensland Bar website here.