This seminar was hosted as a collaboration between the Downs & South West QLD Law Association (DSWQLA) and Level Twenty Seven Chambers 1730 on 1 December 2022. Shane Monks and Kristi Riedel (Level Twenty Seven Chambers) and Clare Dart (Inns of Court) are barristers who are well-versed in commercial, insurance and family law disputes. They looked at strategic questions for your client concerning offers to settle such as:
- When should you make an offer to settle?
- How might a settlement dis/advantage your client?
- What types of settlement are available to commercial, insurance (PIPA, MAIA, WCRA) and family law disputes?
- What should be kept in mind in the context of insurance (PIPA, MAIA, WCRA) settlement conferences?
- How do you prime your client and opponent to settle?
- When should you refuse an offer to settle?
The video and podcast recording, as well as the transcript are published here.