What will the seminar cover?
- How fiduciary duties arise and their scope
- Why are fiduciary duties important?
- The “go to” cases
- Ancillary liability under Barnes v Addy and whether the Corporations Act provides a statutory equivalent
- Relief, including the obligation to account and the “last resort” constructive trust
- How “reasonable minds” may differ in approach
Who should attend?
All legal practitioners, but particularly commercial lawyers, litigators, accountants and their clients.
The recording of the presentation is free to view. For further information, please contact Tamara McCombe on +61 7 3008 3927.
- Press the ‘play’ button on the video thumbnail below.
- Complete the form.
- Press the ‘play’ button again on the video thumbnail below.
A copy of the PowerPoint is available here.
Glenn’s LLM dissertation: Are fiduciary duties, under Australian law, confined to the two proscriptive duties of no profit and no conflict? can be read here.