What will the seminar cover?
The panel will explore class actions as procedural vehicle, what information is required by litigation funders to invest and practical approaches to defining a class.
Discussion will include:
- Where to start when you think a matter/client is suitable for a class action
- Commercial and strategic considerations behind commencing a class action
- When to consider closing the class
- Recent controversies in class closure
This is the second in a series of events about managing matters of a large scale and/or concerning groups. Information about the commissions of inquiries webinar are available here.
Who should attend?
All law practitioners, but particularly commercial lawyers, litigators and their clients.
Chair: Nicholas Andreatidis QC (barrister, Level Twenty Seven)
Panelists: Alexandra McVay (Investment Manager, Omni Bridgeway). It is our pleasure to welcome Alex to our panel. Alex is responsible for identifying and assessing investment opportunities and project managing claims through to resolution for the litigation funder.
Angus O’Brien (barrister, Level Twenty Seven)
Mei Ying Barnes (barrister, Level Twenty Seven)
To reserve a place for the event on Wednesday 29 July 2020 1230 AEST, please register through the form below. The webinar login details will be sent to those registered to attend 24 hours before the start.
- Press the ‘play’ button on the video thumbnail below.
- Complete the form.
- Press the ‘play’ button again on the video thumbnail below.
The presentation is free to view. For further information, please contact Tamara McCombe on +61 7 3008 3927.
Listen to the podcast version of the CPD here:
The PowerPoint slides are available below.