What will the seminar cover?
- The High Court’s characterisation of the book-up credit system & the manner in which it was offered.
- Relevance of the Anangu customers’ perception of the credit system, reflecting aspects of Anangu culture not found in mainstream Australian society.
- Voluntariness in the context of the system of conduct in question, including the customers’ vulnerability and the cultural impacts.
- Relevance of “moral obloquy” in determining unconscionable conduct within the meaning of s 12CB ASIC Act.
- An examination of the majority and minority reasons and the application of Kobelt in recent cases.
- Hypothesising the potential reach of the High Court’s decision.
Who should watch?
Litigation teams with competition and consumer law practices, class actions lawyers, government lawyers, teams at regulatory bodies and in house counsel.
- Press the ‘play’ button on the video thumbnail below.
- Complete the form.
- Press the ‘play’ button again on the video thumbnail below.
The presentation is free of charge to view.
A concise presentation summary is available here.
For further information, please contact Tamara McCombe on +61 7 3008 3927.