A Commission of Inquiry into the flooding of the Lockyer Creek between Helidon and Grantham in January 2011. Chaired by Walter Sofronoff QC, the Inquiry considered:
- the impacts of man-made and natural features of the landscape which could have altered or contributed to the flooding;
- whether the existence or breach of the Grantham quarry caused or contributed to the flooding
- whether the quarry had a material impact on the damage caused,
- whether the breach of the quarry had implications for the evacuation of the town and
- how these matters were initially investigated and how eyewitness accounts were dealt with in the aftermath.
The final report is available here.