As part of Australian Arbitration Week 2019 (Brisbane 18-22 November) Young ITA, co-sponsored by Corrs Chambers Westgarth and Debevoise & Plimpton, provided an evening discussion on obtaining emergency and interim measures in commercial and investor-State arbitrations.
Angus O’Brien joined the group looking at questions including inter alia:
- How does emergency relief differ from expedited and interim relief?
- When are emergency or interim measures available in investment treaty arbitrations?
- What do arbitrators look for when determining applications?
- What are the common pitfalls?
- When would court relief be more advantageous?
Further details about the panel and the discussion are available here.