What will the seminar cover?
Barristers from Level Twenty Seven Chambers will discuss the following matters in light of the recent High Court decision in Carter Holt Harvey Wood Products Australia Pty Ltd v Commonwealth  HCA 20 (“Re Amerind“):
- the trustee’s right of indemnity – what it is and how it operates;
- can trust assets be realised, and if so how;
- the impact of the decision on ss 433, 443D, 443E and 561 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- how are realised trust assets to be applied and distributed, including resolution of the disparity between the Re Enhill and Re Suco Gold decisions;
- what issues remain unresolved.
Who should attend?
Dispute resolution lawyers, corporate lawyers, insolvency practitioners and advisors.
Level Twenty Seven Chambers
Level 27, 239 George Street
Places are limited. To reserve a place for the event on 4 July 2019, please register through the form below.
The presentation is free of charge. For further information, please contact Tamara McCombe on +61 7 3008 3927.