Glenn Newton QC, Matthew Hickey and Michael May are well-versed in mediations, as counsel for parties and mediators. They were joined in a live webinar by Kiri Parr who was a construction lawyer before acting as Regional Counsel for Arup and then Director of her eponymous company which works with clients to design risk, governance and procurement strategies for built environment projects.
With particular reflection on the influences from the COVID-19 pandemic ‘Commercial Mediations – Strategies and Tips to Achieve the Best Outcome for Your Client‘ addressed and answered live questions from the online audience on inter alia:
- Why approaching mediations like litigation is ineffective
- How to prepare for mediations and engaged with your mediator ahead of time for efficient proceedings on the day
- Briefing an in-house and external mediation team for maximum impact in a mediation
- Being aware of the psychological and emotional factors which come into play during a mediation
- Pros and cons to having remote parties to a mediation and how to factor these into planning for a mediation
- The future of mediation management
The video and podcast recording of the session, as well as related reading material, are available here.